Monday, November 23, 2009

Introduction

Hi. I'm Miranda. I'm just your average 28 year old girl. I spend too much money on coffee, and too much time immersing myself in pop culture, sci-fi, and obscure bands. If you've seen one of my nerdy type, really, you've seen us all. I do have one thing that makes me stand out from the other nerdy 28-year-olds, and sadly, it's becoming entirely too common. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in July of 2009.

To be completely honest, it's been a frightening and frustrating time. But I am going to write about my experience here, so that someone else who is in my situation can find this blog, and maybe feel a little less alone. Type 2 diabetes isn't just for the grey-hairs anymore.

This blog will backtrack and document my journey as I went through it. Dates will be put in where I can remember them, but mostly, it's an account of what I went through and what I've learned from it, not a detailed chronicle full of dates and numbers.

When you're diagnosed with a chronic disease at such a young age, there's a choice to do one of two things: 1) Succumb to an endless depression, where you pout about the changes that you have to make and then stubbornly refuse to make them, or 2) Fight.

I chose to fight.
And this is my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment